Website Absa Group Limited
A fantastic opportunity has become available in Product Control for the Head Transform and Reconciliations. The successful candidate must demonstrate senior leadership within the PCG team focusing on the Transform and Reconciliation Agenda.
- Regular oversight and challenge of IT resourcing levels per project to reduce the risk that deliverables are delayed or fail due to inappropriate IT resourcing.
- Oversight of and involvement in the preparation of project business cases on behalf of the sponsor for approval at appropriate change forums.
- Negotiation with IT management to ensure the correct IT resources are allocated to the project set and the timing of availability is agreed.
- Ensuring appropriate skill level in business project teams that cover the main project disciplines (analysis, subject matter expertise, change management and integration and testing).
- Interlock and understanding of the strategic initiatives in other areas of the firm that may impact of the current or future book of work
- Alignment with the firm’s vision and target operating model: ensuring the project set takes the firm in the direction dictated by the target operating model and the firm’s strategic vision.
- Responsible for setting the direction and ensuring the execution and delivery of a variety of infrastructure and some business-driven projects
- Investment Bank product and process flow experience preferable
- Business experience in a Banking environment gained from a Finance, Product Management or Front /Middle office role.
- Strong technical accounting skills and numeric ability
- The ability to work in a pressured and unstructured environment and to cope with the demands of working to tight deadlines
- Business acumen
- 10 years+ Investment Banking or related Finance experience
- Chartered Accountant / Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) / master’s in finance / related
- Exceptional interpersonal and team-working skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Experienced manager of Change projects preferably large-scale spanning across divisions
- Maturity – able to deal with senior executives
Company: Absa Group Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A