We are looking for a dynamic, resilient, and efficient leader to join the Ackermans Operations senior leadership team as Properties Manager. Reporting directly to the Operations Executive, the Properties Manager will lead the development and execution of the Ackermans property strategy in line with the overall operations’ strategic framework across multiple locations.
- Research and incorporate best practice in property practices in respect of property development, redevelopment, maintenance, and space utilisation.
- Provide expert advice on property layout and design, space optimisation, cost engineering and capex optimisation to Senior Managers and Property Board.
- Provide strategic leadership to optimise the utilisation of Properties by developing long term space plans and gap closing strategies (new infrastructure vs. renewal and/or revamps).
- Manage Capex and Opex budgets – preparing budgets and executing financial controls.
- Lead multiple commercially viable business-related property management processes and projects.
- Ensure good corporate governance and compliance to corporate policies.
- Develop an effective and efficient property management strategy for the business.
- Technical experience in electrical, air conditioning and shop fitting manufacturing advantageous.
- Relevant Degree/Diploma in Business, Commerce or Property
- 5 years or more Senior Management experience in the retail sector with a proven track record in property management within retail operations, showing clear ability to set and deliver on business targets, time lines and strategic plans.
- Strong financial acumen to manage complex Capex and Opex budgets.
- Proven ability to lead multiple commercially viable business-related property management processes, programmes, and projects.
- Extensive knowledge of retail store operational processes and methodologies to influence and provide expert advice on property layout and design, space optimisation, cost engineering and capex optimisation.
- Proven ability of strategy formulation and implementation pertaining to store installations.
- High competence in consulting and managing supplier, vendor, and landlord
- Proven ability to research, plan, and design end to end property strategies.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kuils River, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A