Website African Bank Limited
Preparation of annual budgets and forecasts (in the required format) for discussion, review, and refinement with the individuals responsible for the management of RDS. Track, monitor and engage with the team responsible for the management of RDS both at an executive and an operational level to implement corrective action as and when required.
- Provide guidance to RDS in relation to their understanding of the procurement policy i.e., how to comply with the requirements contained therein.
- Ensure the accuracy of budgets associated with projects.
- The design of financial controls, the design of financial processes, opening of new GL accounts and the opening of new cost centres.
- Assist business units with problems that may be experienced with the procurement system and processes in so far as accounting for IMC projects are concerned.
- Assist in managing their electronic procurement management system, controlling their procurement expenditure, and reporting on it.
- Assisting the Head: Financial Innovation with discharging the responsibility from a Group Finance perspective for any initiatives that are borne from 3A or 3B initiatives, also known as
- Facilitate the accounting for actual expenditure and return realisation from such projects through, amongst other things, dedicated cost centres.
- Ensure that procurement policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Identifying resources within Group Finance or external contractors that will be leveraged on in order to perform due diligence actions, compile business cases, prepare budgets and perform whatever actions are required from a financial management perspective.
- Maintain a list of projects authorised by the Investment Management Committee (“IMC”).
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation
- 5 – 10 years financial managerial experience, preferably in a financial institution. Exposure to executive management will be an advantage.
- Communication skills (listen, verbal and written)
- MS Office skills
- Performance Management Skills
- CA (SA)
- Financial skills
- Accounting & Financial Skills
- Deadline driven and willingness to work overtime when required
- Attention to detail
- Analytical Skills
- Budgeting and financial modelling skills
Company: African Bank Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A