Website Air Arabia
Act as a middle point between suppliers/vendors on one hand and internal Air Arabia Group management and departments on the other, to ensure satisfactory agreements.
- Supervises and handles Stores and Inventory control activities (as assigned) ensuring the adequacy and timeliness availability of needed material and products in accordance with business requirements and quality standards.
- Undertakes procurement activities including administration & documentation to deliver best value for money, quality, and security of supply commensurate with customer’s business needs; Ensure the most appropriate procurement processes are applied to meet business needs and transaction costs are minimised
- Liaise regularly and collaborate with appropriate members of the Procurement function at Air Arabia Airline Hubs and subsidiary companies (Cozmo, SAS etc.) to ensure consistency of approach
- Responsible for roll out, coordinating and managing the implementation of Procurement Systems including the user training, technical support, system improvements and user compliance with system utilization and administration.
- Implement supplier management policies to ensure consistent practises and develop strategic supplier relationships.
- Keep abreast of business developments within Air Arabia affecting areas of responsibility and work closely with business users to understand their current and future business needs
- Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness, interpretation to support implementation.
- Draft, evaluate, negotiate contracts, and administer contracts in accordance with company policies and legal requirements.
- Assists in implementing our strategic approach to overall spend, alongside internal stakeholders, advisors, and a wide range of external stakeholders; sets out a clear strategy to Shape & Optimise Cost Categories and keep the strategy updated over time.
- Carries out procurement research through internal customers, suppliers, and other sources of information to obtain feedback and assessment of procurement activities.
- Assist in setting up and maintaining company quality control program
- Collates performance data for the Commodity spends into agreed reporting formats; produces Management Information reports and necessary analysis to highlight critical areas, trends, discrepancies, excess, short supply, etc to support management decisions.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification. Taking responsibility for financial performance against plan and proactively develop a pipeline of innovative initiatives that reduces Indirect spend.
- Sourcing and supplier management process skills
- 2 + years of experience in supervising/managing small purchasing team in direct/indirect procurement environment is preferred.
- Experience in managing and negotiating with key vendors, strategically agile, with strong commercial acumen and exceptional negotiation skills in managing large, complex, preferably service-oriented contracts.
- Demonstrates skills in handling financial transactions with accuracy.
- MCIPS or equivalent preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a procurement/ Purchasing role in any industry handling technical procurement and/or professional services sourcing within a reputable international company or within a demanding.
- Large outsourcing based development contracts in an Airline/Airport environment or other relevant sophisticated blue-chip, service or FMCG organization.
- Excellent business writing and reporting skills.
- Detail oriented, comfortable with numbers, charts and data sheets.
- Fluent in English Language (Arabic is a plus).
- Can show a history of career progression and ambition to grow further
- Cooperative team player; possesses very good organizing and time management skills.
- Capable of driving process improvement and internal control in line with adopted standards.
- Experienced in initiating and managing contracts of technical nature.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet and Web Search (Excel advanced level).
- Have excellent communication skills
- Bachelor Degree in Management or equivalent combined with necessary experience.
Company: Air Arabia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sharjah, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A