Working with marketing, merchandising, product management and engineering to identify and scope data aggregations that facilitate analysis of most common customer behavioral questions.
- Partnering with our Data Engineering team to enhance data infrastructure, data availability, and broad access to customer insights made available through Tableau.
- Quickly build a thorough understanding of the Digital Music industry, its seasonality and global business trends and continually monitor the impact of important industry developments.
- Proactively developing new metrics and studies to quantify customer behavior.
- Work closely with finance team to conduct business and financial analysis, including forecasting and monitoring of key business activity.
- Combining online web customer behavior and offline customer attributes to gain novel and powerful understanding of Digital Music customers.
- Defining and developing tests to identify the best way to reach, convert, and retain customers.
- Join large and growing BI/Data Science team to leverage extensive music listening data to better understand customers and contribute to product and marketing strategy.
- Reporting to senior leadership and the team at large, on customer, product and marketing insights and trends.
- Masters or PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, or other quantitative field
- Experience with analytic tools such as R, SAS, SPSS, etc.
- 3+ years of professional experience in web analytics, business analysis or comparable analytics position
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
- Proven experience in BI/DW as a change leader providing strategic research, recommendations, and implementation in both business and technical roles
- In-depth experience with web analytics tools and analyzing online customer behavior
- Passionate about understanding customers and their behavior
- Experience with or other relevant scripting language
- BS degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, Econometrics, or other quantitative field
- Highly skilled at querying relational databases () and ability to pull data from various sources
- Experience with relational database design and architecture
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience, including senior executives, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Culver City, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A