This leader should have extensive experience in data engineering and have the aptitude to incorporate new approaches and methodologies while dealing with ambiguities. They will set the vision, strategy, and roadmap, and work alongside with stakeholders in the organization to make it happen.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- 5+ years experience with various Databases, Big Data Frameworks, ETL and data analysis tools
- Experience with AWS technologies like Redshift, S3, AWS Glue, EMR, Kinesis, FireHose, Lambda, and IAM roles and permissions
- Experience building large-scale, high-throughput, 24×7 data systems
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Experience in SQL
- Proficiency with Apache Spark / Elastic Map Reduce and with a general purpose programing language like Python, Java
- Experience with code version control systems like Git
- Expert knowledge of SQL and of relational database systems and concepts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Expert knowledge of Data Modelling for OLAP databases and large scale distributed data platforms
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Strong attention to detail and desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment.
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space
- Proficiency in any programming language; preferably Python or Java.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bellevue, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A