Due to interstate operating authority commerce regulations, candidates must be at least 21 years or older. Candidate must hold a valid state-appropriate driver’s license, be able to obtain their Driver Qualification File (DQF) and Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), and be eligible to drive in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements. Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
- Drive, maneuver, and load/unload a truck using approved equipment (pallet jack, etc.)
- Complete driver vehicle inspection reports on equipment and notify managers of any maintenance or delivery issues encountered.
- Lift up to 49 pounds, stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, and frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach.
- Adhere to company rules and regulations and make safety a priority at all times.
- Work primarily outside and drive different commercial motor vehicles over the road.
- Perform various functions within the yard, support site operations teams, internal transportation field teams, and external carriers, as needed, to ensure all trailers arrive and depart on time with zero defects and to maintain workflow for buildings
- Operate Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMVs) on non-public roads or in yard to move trailers to/from dock and parking locations.
- Follow hostler and delivery schedules, track and report working hours and breaks at appropriate times, adhere to yard safety policies, obey all applicable traffic laws, and drive in accordance with weather/road conditions.
- Operate CMVs on public roads as required while staying on predetermined routes and using approved equipment.
- Work at nearby sites locations within the area needed to support the business
- Comply with company policies, procedures, and DOT regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, trailer designations, violation and incident reporting requirements, break periods, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with diverse audiences.
- Able to lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach with or without reasonable accommodation
- Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
- High School or equivalent diploma
- Ability to follow and enforce safety measures and policies to all who operate vehicles on behalf of Amazon and those who enter the yard, including vendors and senior team members.
- Experience working with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- A commitment to build strong, collaborative relationships with colleagues and outside vendors.
- Hold a valid and active driver’s license
- Work 40 hours/week, and overtime as required
- 21 years of age
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Waukegan, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A