The Sub-Regional WHS Manager must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. You will instruct and train operations leaders in Amazon safety policies and assist the operations site teams in incorporating our safety standards at their site.
- Deliver on-time and quality projects to Operations.
- Spend time at the delivery stations and seek input from teams, Associates and leaders on safety program improvement opportunities. Ensure open communication on status of progress and resolution against these suggestions.
- Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required safety training.
- Audit the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
- Measure sites’ performance against published requirements in EHS policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
- Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations and company policy.
- Audit record-keeping practices and Gensuite entries to be aligned with global safety standards and local regulations.
- Analyze EHS metrics and review incident weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to rationalize the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is highest.
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon EHS Policies.
- Perform frequent site safety audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site. Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other FCs.
- Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and the use of pivot tables and the development of charts and graphics.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or 2+ years Amazon (blue badge/FTE) experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of growing responsibilities in EHS, safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations.
- Experience in a fast-paced, changing/growing organization
- Certified Safety Professional preferred
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort collaborating with site leaders.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
- Distribution Center or manufacturing safety experience with mix of exempt and non-exempt employees at a site of at least 250 people preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toledo, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A