We are looking for an exceptional analyst who can diagnose and solve complex business problems by analyzing data and providing recommendations, who can work closely with multiple stakeholders in different geographies internally and with our partners, and who has the ability to drive new innovations in the customer service industry to join us as Capacity Planner Outsourcing, Worldwide Capacity Planning team.
- Identify progressive tools and technology enablers that will improve operating performance and efficiency.
- Load balance the partner network capacity at a skill/channel/OU level to maintain the required capacity per the LTF/STF plans.
- Drive the strategic direction of Customer Service Global Outsourcing network strategy (eg. expansion strategy, new site requirements, geographic diversification, etc.)
- Manage the Global Outsourcing Capacity Planning for Europe Network. Work closely with partner network to manage the long-term/short-term capacity planning processes for Global Outsourcing.
- Promote and Lead the projects related to process improvement and standardization of processes across all sites in the network.
- Collaborate & closely communicate with GO Vendor Management team, Headcount Planning, Capacity Planning, GO Finance and program teams to ensure smooth execution of capacity planning processes.
- Build optimal contact volume allocation plan for the Outsourcing partner network by managing trade-offs between quality, productivity, and cost.
- Improve performance to plan by identifying, measuring and managing key metrics related to customer service Global Outsourcing.
- Mitigate capacity risks by managing dependencies across multiple sites & geographies. Clearly communicate dependencies and manage/track expectations.
- Support workforce teams in GO partner network to optimize the network level staffing by providing guidance on volume arrival patterns, ramp-up/ramp-down requirements, specialized skills & training requirements.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment while delivering results
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Operations research or capacity planning experience
- Experience working with SPSS, SAS, R, Python in a professional setting
- Some programming experience is a plus to automate tools whenever appropriate
- Database Administration skills
- Proven problem solving skills, project management skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, economics or related field
- Extensive years of relevant experience in Capacity Planning or related field
- Advanced Excel and big data experience
- Experience in quantitative research or analyses
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A