This is a customer facing role. As an ideal candidate for this role, you will possess deep knowledge in one relational and/or non-relational database technology, and a solid understanding of the database technology landscape. The candidate will possess mature architecture skills for deploying hyper-scale and globally distributed workloads on AWS.
- Work with customers to deploy cutting-edge solutions that leverage Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, Amazon DynamoDB, and other database services.
- Be a trusted collaborator for the AWS service teams as the voice of the customer for defining and prioritizing service features.
- Build and deliver content by collaborating with business development and AWS service teams to help partners and customers learn and use Amazon database technologies.
- Aligned with Strategic Industries, such as Media & Entertainment, Automobile, Telecommunications, and Financial Services, such that the solutions you help architect are aligned to industry specific needs.
- Present at industry events to educate customers and evangelize AWS and Amazon Aurora.
- Provide definitive guidance for customers in choosing the right database services and approaches
- Be a recognized authority for database expertise across AWS.
- Lead enablement by training Solution Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Trainers in relational databases
- Provide thought leadership on database solutions by authoring or contributing to blog posts, whitepapers, reference architectures, and workshops
- Collaborate with business development, Professional services, and sales teams to define Database Engagement strategy for AWS operational territories and key accounts.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the worldwide AWS solution architect community
- Hands-on design, Implementation, and tuning experience of databases leveraging cloud native technologies.
- Hands on experience as a database engineer, data architect, or big data developer on Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience in designing and/or implementing highly scalable database architectures
- Hands-on design, Implementation, and tuning experience of Databases including knowledge of Schema Design, Query Tuning and Optimization, Access Patterns, and Data Migration and Integration.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Possession of both technical and customer-facing skills enabling perception as a “trusted advisor” to customers. You will be able to facilitate relationships with senior technical executives, as well as easily interact and give guidance to software developers, IT operations staff, and system architects.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- 10+ years of Relational and/or Non-Relational Database implementation, operations and/or solution deployment experience in a business-critical, high-availability context.
- Technical degrees in computer science, software engineering, or mathematics; working knowledge of modern software development practices such as agile methodologies and DevOps.
- Experience in relational database migrations (same or different DB engines)
- Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A