For this role we are looking for an individual contributor to engage with AWS data analytics customers to drive the adoption of AWS AQUA. The role requires deep knowledge about big data analytics, data warehouse workflows and performance tuning. The individual needs to understand query plans and profilers to identify and address performance bottlenecks.
- Deep knowledge and experience designing and tuning relational/non-relational databases including Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, SqlServer, No-SQL databases, Map Reduce techniques and data pipelines.
- Broad knowledge of customer analytics workloads and use cases, including performance, availability and scalability
- Experience communicating to senior leadership in both engineering and business discussions
- Extensive knowledge of SQL, ETL and Map Reduce Techniques
- Working knowledge of database internals (locking, consistency, serialization, recovery paths, use of parallelism )
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven track record of data pipelines performance optimizing and automation
- Linux systems engineering experience, specifically related performance, memory management, I/O tuning, configuration management, networking and security.
- Experience working directly with customers to drive adoption of best practices in data analytics system architectures, resolving database, systems and infrastructure-related issues.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (RDS, SageMaker, EC2, EBS, S3, etc.)
- Experience analyzing performance issues holistically, from the application tier through the database, down to the storage.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Redmond, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A