The Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team within Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced and self-motivated ERM professional with a proven record of identifying, organizing, leading, and controlling the risks of an organization in order to protect customer data and information.
- Mature and develop innovative approaches to the management of risks in a manner that effectively manages the risks while meeting the needs of internal customers and minimizing business impact;
- Drive process improvement and control implementation projects through coordination with AWS teams. This includes the resolution of risk identification and the execution of projects originated from internal assessments.
- Identify opportunities for efficiency and effectiveness as well as cost saving by optimizing vendor management mechanisms, and by effectively managing risks in partnership with the line of business;
- Establish strong partnership with front line business partners and other stakeholders to understand business processes and ensure third party program, policy and procedures are effective and demonstrate adherence in support of managing third party service provider risks;
- Support strategic risk management framework initiatives on behalf of the AWS Business Risk Management program, to include risk identification, assessment, evaluation, tracking and mitigation;
- Operate a rhythm of the business for managing risk management and mitigation; guide process owners in implementation of mitigation strategy and implement processes to monitor and report on success;
- Coordinate mechanisms to improve documentation, track progress, coordinate all improvement efforts, and monitor process improvement effectiveness;
- Assist with linking policy, standard operating procedures, controls, monitoring, and reporting with the goal of improving operations, compliance policies, and risk management;
- 8+ years of experience executing against risk program roadmaps based on customer requirements, compliance documentation, and ensuring that committed assessments are delivered on schedule.
- 8+ years of experience in the design, implementation or strategic enhancement of governance risk and compliance programs and or capabilities.
- Experience providing reporting and updates to senior management and governance routines.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- In-depth knowledge of an enterprise risk management framework, including risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decision, business
- processes and their related third party controls.
- Lean or Six Sigma Green/Black Belt certification.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 8 + years of large scale project and or program management experience leading change initiatives, and strategic plans to achieve impactful goals.
- 8+ years of risk management experience; includes compliance, operational risk, third party, IT, cybersecurity, audit, risk assessment, issues management, risk measurement and reporting) in a large scale complex organization and/or regulated industry.
- Master’s degree.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- 8+ years of experience overseeing third party program risk assessments, analysis, credible challenge, and reporting while driving strategic improvements that result in measurable business impacts.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A