The Principal Technical Program Manager – Robotics plays a critical role in orchestrating the launch of our consumer robotics devices. In this role, you will be responsible for driving the definition and execution of complex electro-mechanical devices. You will work cross-functionally to help define and validate the required launch KPI’s, drive fundamental architecture decisions, and remove barriers to execution.
- Communicate progress and issues to senior leadership
- Establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments.
- Use strong judgement to influence direction and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Define and track key performance metrics during development to measure process efficiencies and highlight bottlenecks. Create and maintain clear, user-friendly process documentation: templates, tools, process maps, graphical representations, etc.
- Drive hardware engineering for hard problems and product escalations, anticipate and make technical tradeoffs, track and report on status to senior exec leadership.
- Drive strategic definition, architecture and execution of robotic solutions within the Amazon Devices organization from requirements collection to customer shipments
- Demonstrated track record of driving and implementing process improvements
- Prior experience in controls, sensors and/or robotics
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- Experience developing and delivering complex electro-mechanical systems
- 7+ years of technical program management experience
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in ME, EE or related technical field or relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all levels
- Experience leading training, process mapping, and documentation
- Experience with hardware development and manufacturing processes
- Experience delivering multiple concurrent projects with aggressive schedules
- Experience developing web-based team collaboration pages in Confluence, Share Point, etc.
- Experience in consumer electronic device industry is preferred, but related industries will be considered
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sunnyvale, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A