The Principal Program Manager for ROC will work backwards from the customer to introduce disruptive ways of improving the customer experience within Amazon’s transportation network with the goal of promoting Best in Class Performance.
- Results-oriented – you rally your team to meet their commitments to each other and to customers. Setting the strategy is not enough. Seeing your solutions ship, scale and make a measurable impact on customers’ lives fuels you.
- An operator – you value the reflection and ongoing effort required to continuously improve the way your team functions and collaborates with each other and with other teams. You are highly effective working with operators, analysts, and tech teams.
- Customer-focused – you are a strong voice on the team and in daily decisions for making the right trade-offs and protecting high standards on behalf of the customer. You prioritize diving deep on customer data and feedback.
- A leader – you are passionate about building great solutions and you consistently rally colleagues, partners and customers to join you in the cause. You can communicate a vision as effectively as you are able to be clear about tenets and priorities. Colleagues hope their next project will include you.
- Fearless – you are drawn to take on the hardest problems, navigate ambiguity, battle skepticism and are willing to fail in the name of learning what works best over the long term.
- Ability to work independently and excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workloads, maintain a strong attention to detail and work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- 10+ years’ experience as a project/program manager, ideally in a logistics or supply chain environment
- Experience communicating with VP-level decision makers; experience communicating expectations and requirements with business and technology teams through written proposals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Transportation, Logistics, or other quantitative discipline from an accredited university OR 2+ years of Amazon experience
- Ability to work in ambiguous environments and overcome challenges with a high degree of flexibility and professionalism
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design workable solutions and drive projects to successful implementation
- Detail oriented with strong prioritization skills
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Supply Chain, Transportation, Logistics, or similar field from an accredited university
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with different functional groups, developers, business owners, and senior business leaders
- 5+ years’ experience delivering transportation performance and service to customers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tempe, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A