As the Community Programmes Manager in Africa, you will act as a liaison between our internal teams and the wider community of builders in the region. You will be the main point of contact for both AWS and third-party technical communities and user groups, setting up and nurturing communities in a path of organic and sustainable growth.
- Work closely with multiple internal teams and stakeholders at the EMEA and Global to scale the community advocacy strategy in Africa.
- Report on metrics and progress of the community initiatives with regional leadership, evolving the program structure as needed to align to shifting community needs.
- Drive event strategy, execution, and measurement for community engagement at AWS and third-party events.
- Manage relationships with influential AWS builders, creating communities of technical users (developers, architects, and more) who share common interests.
- Lead existing community awareness programmes in Africa (AWS User Groups, AWS Community Days, and more), as well as innovating net-new initiatives relevant to the region and the wider community landscape of developers.
- Build tactics for quantifying the impact of our community engagement & advocacy programmes.
- Partner with these leaders, providing them with platforms to share their AWS stories in-person and online.
- Own and programme manage our community advocacy vision and initiative in Africa, engaging with passionate developers and builders who seek to acquire Cloud and AWS skills, while sharing their knowledge with others.
- Drive programme content and messaging, managing ongoing African programme community marketing communication, recurring events, and management/onboarding of programme members in partnership with internal stakeholders.
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and problem solving skills.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done.
- A Bachelor’s and/or MBA degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of study.
- Relevant work experience in marketing, community management, and/or digital/high-technology product management.
- Strong drive for detail and results, with the ability to make calculated decisions.
- Passion for building and nurturing technical communities.
- Able to work in a diverse and distributed team.
- Willingness to travel.
- Attention to detail, excellent organisation skills, with proven success in managing complex and multi-faceted marketing programmes driving projects through completion.
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional programmes.
- Accomplished range of skills from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution.
- A leader and excellent communicator who can drive consensus and articulate programme. recommendations and tradeoffs to senior leadership.
- Proven track record in building community engagement/advocacy programmes.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A