As a Technical Editor in the Manufacturing, Supply, and Technical Operation (MS&TO) organization, you must be obsessed with raising the bar to ensure all Technical Knowledge Management materials conform to the style guide and exceed the needs of our internal and external global stakeholders. You will have solid project management experience, strong attention to detail, the ability to learn new tools and processes quickly, and have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Support localizing content in multiple languages.
- Ensures that style and format conform to style guide standards.
- Support technical writers with content review and approval process.
- Works with technical writers to revise products for narrative organization, and negotiates further revisions as needed.
- Own ongoing development of standardized style guides. This includes leading a team or committee to review writing and editorial policies and guidelines, resolve style and editorial differences, and make recommendations for updating these requirements consistent with customer needs.
- Manage tickets that require content edits to ensure materials are up-to-date.
- Reviews all technical and training content for proper grammar, punctuation, and syntax, logic, clarity, style guide adherence, and consistency.
- Experience using content publishing tools to edit, format, manage, and publish technical content on the web.
- Stays up to date on changes to business processes and policies, communicating updates as needed
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment
- Ability to manage own work with minimal oversight in a fast-paced, frugal environment with multiple stakeholders and changing priorities.
- Copy editing skills.
- Operate in new domains with little direction, be a self-starter, and handle ambiguity
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Technical Communication, Information Management, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience editing technical content, managing multiple projects, and driving standards across all documentation.
- Seek customer feedback to identify ways to improve the editing process and quality standards to ensure a high-quality experience for our customers.
- 3+ years project management experience.
- Manage tickets that require content edits to ensure materials are up-to-date
- Good team dynamic/team collaboration with facilitator
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A