We are looking for leaders with experience building and growing teams possessing exceptional skills in system design, with hands on experience building systems using complex datastructures and algorithms.
- Our team is dedicated to supporting new members.
- We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
- We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life.
- We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment.
- We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- B.S / M.S / Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field with research experience/focus in advanced databases / transaction processing
- 3+ years of experience leading teams using language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Database engine internals (storage): indexing, access methods, concurrency control, logging, caching, transaction processing, replication, backup restore, buffer management
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 2+ years of experience leading teams
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Distributed systems: consensus-based quorum replication, NoSQL system implementation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Palo Alto, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A