Innovative Head of Store Design responsible for the development, implementation and customization of brand design standards as they translate into physical stores. This position collaborates with internal and external cross-functional teams to manage the execution of multiple end-to-end projects at any given time.
- Will manage a team of Store Designers.
- Owns development and execution of Design standards, processes, tools and systems.
- Completes test fits and feasibility studies for potential locations.
- Identifies new technologies, suppliers, and external partners to address critical business needs.
- Works with key internal and external stakeholders (including architecture firms) in the production of comprehensive design development packages [X-functional teams Include but not limited to Pre-Construction, Construction, Engineering, Concept Design, Launch, Operations, Category, Security, Safety and Tech. X-functional work includes aligning on category layout, ops inventory allocation, equipment layout coordination and implementing technical requirements]
- Owns setting direction and coordination across construction and facilities on programmatic changes (.e.g. customer experience, cost savings initiatives).
- Owns and manages design solutions for new program initiatives.
- Leads the translation of design standards to individual location solutions in an innovative yet fiscally responsible way. [Designing the physical solution to support the tech functionality and Brand CX]
- Will manage design resources across the function ensuring that development timelines, store budgets and store count targets are achieved.
- Writes program documents that drive new innovations, outline testing/analysis to inform design decisions, or define standards and processes.
- Manages consultants including negotiating fees, managing their work flow and capacity along with quality assurance.
- Sets design direction and vision for Amazon Fresh Stores
- Leads the development of the store design playbook.
- Significant commercial interior design or architecture experience at a senior level
- Proactive and flexible attitude; willingness to take an “all hands on deck” approach
- Demonstrated ability to communicate design vision in visual, written, and verbal formats
- Proven track record of owning project from start to finish – self-starter and self-directed
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an extremely fast paced, ambiguous environment [Requirements are still in development and continue to update/change. Applying cost savings initiatives to continually reduce costs]
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, time management, and problem solving skills
- Experience in: Architecture/ Retail Design; Design Development, Construction / Permit Documentation; Custom Furniture/Fixture Design; Revit, AutoCAD, and SketchUp software
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry trends, building/health codes, 3D visualization, and color/design principles
- Experience in managing direct reports (manager roles)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A