The successful IT Support Technician will be customer focused and motivated by team success. You will be innovative, energetic, and able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with a high volume of requests. You will also be committed, flexible, and have demonstrated ability to maintain high levels of productivity while maintaining quality support.
- Diagnose and troubleshoots end user computing problems including analyzing the problem, identification of appropriate resources, testing of proposed fixes and follow-up to ensure the problem has been resolved.
- Provides comprehensive technical support to Amazon Corporate employees worldwide.
- Research, resolve, and respond to inquiries received via web chat, telephone calls, email, ticketing system, all in a timely manner, in accordance with team standards.
- Assists with activities to triage and escalate any system or network outage to reduce downtime.
- Creates and submits detailed call logs documenting customer interactions that are accurate, thorough, and timely.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP) through the effective use of Knowledge management.
- Informs customer of needed repairs and answers basic questions. Ensures that customer understands and is satisfied with work completed.
- Manage a case count between 15-25 tickets.
- Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
- Associate in Computer Science or related field or experience equivalent.
- Microsoft MCSE, MCITP Systems Administrator (Active Directory)
- Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems
- Ability to work a set shift of 10:30am – 7:30pm UK hours and flexibility to work bank holidays
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT related field.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Display a commitment to quality and strong multi-tasking skills
- Strong verbal and written skills proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff
- Adherence to shift schedules and timeliness are key requirements
- Advanced Linux systems administration skills
- 1+ years of experience in help-desk or desk-side support environment
- Must have knowledge in Microsoft Windows 10 and additionally one or more of the following: Mac OS X, Linux.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A