Website AMC Theatres
Supervise and coordinate operations of the kitchen (in a casual-dining environment) to achieve AMC’s goals. Provide leadership and development, and communicate expectations to all back–of–house associates in a professional and safe work environment.
- Ensure Line checks are completed twice daily to validate food safe temperatures, ingredient quality and readiness for volume. Develop and coach associates through review of their completed line checks.
- Ability to understand and develop prep lists and order guides with par levels.
- Ensure prep lists are generated daily so appropriate amounts of prepared products are available at all times.
- Follow all procedures to ensure that the facility is clean, safe, and in good repair for associates and guests.
- Maintain budgeted food cost using all tools within inventory management system.
- Maintain communication with kitchen leadership to ensure cooks are properly assembling food orders within established average ticket time.
- Place all orders using order guides and suggestive ordering within the inventory management system and receive orders using receiving logs.
- Complete essential kitchen functions and ensure tasks are completed timely.
- Ensure all changes and updates are communicated to the appropriate associates and are in place on time.
- Maintain kitchen equipment by following manufacturer’s operating instructions, educating staff on proper use, maintaining equipment supplies, and contacting vendors for repairs as necessary.
- Confirm the usage of the pull thaw to ensure frozen items are safely thawed.
- Ensure successful delivery of the daily and weekly budgets, goals, and objectives.
- Ensure sanitation and food safety standards are met through completing Food Safety Self Audits.
- Ensure that 2-stage cooling is in place for all necessary prepped food items and that the temperatures are recorded.
- Complete and record kitchen menu reviews twice daily.
- Kitchen and food safety training (ServSafe or equivalent).
- Minimum of six months supervisory or commensurate leadership experience.
- Age 18 or older.
- Certified as a ServSafe instructor and proctor.
- Proficiency in MS Suite.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and carry it up to 90 feet (or deposit into dumpster or trash compactor).
- Culinary degree preferred.
- Ability to obtain any required food or alcohol service licenses or certifications (e.g. T.I.P.S.).
- 6 months of food handling experience.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure and take control during high-demand business circumstances.
- Strong analytical, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- One year “line” experience in a high-volume kitchen.
- One year experience in kitchen operations and execution.
- Completed Allergen training.
- Standing, walking, lifting, twisting, and bending on a frequent basis.
Company: AMC Theatres
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Canoga Park, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A