The Budget and Business Performance Specialist collaborates with cross-functional teams and manages company-wide operations such as analyzing capital and operating budgets while working directly with leadership, engineering and project management staff.
- Prepare and submit the annual budget. Assist with performance assessments for all projects and research and resolve any significant variances between actual expenditures and budget. Review and update monthly forecast of expenditures and submit monthly accruals.
- Assist personnel with all budget and accounting related information as requested; such as TRIS, API and expense accounts.
- Establish and settle work orders (both reimbursable and regular), damage claims and non-revenue billings such as antenna installation and maintenance.
- Analyze monthly variations in CapEx and O&M results and prepare written explanations for said variations on both the total and segmented levels.
- Interact with Managers as well as other supervisory and engineering personnel and serve as liaison/financial advisor in business segments and shared services.
- Provide accounting for transactions dealing with but not limited to Capex, O&M and other revenue transactions.
- Assist with special projects as assigned and prepare specialized reports and confidential documents.
- Provide statistical information regarding the current business performance of the operations for the division(s) or function. Analyze, evaluate and propose recommendations to improve the financial fitness of the area.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field from an accredited college or university required. Master’s Degree or CPA/CMA/CFA preferred.
- Three or more years of relevant accounting experience (accounting, budget preparation, and statistical analysis) required without CPA certification.
- One or more years of relevant accounting experience (accounting, budget preparation, and statistical analysis) required with CPA certification.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St Louis, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A