Perform gas service duties including, but not limited to, responding to any gas emergency (i.e. leaks, carbon monoxide, fire calls, etc.) set and maintain residential and large commercial gas meter installations, perform pipe work on our customers premise and work on and have knowledge of gas appliances. Must be willing to work shift work and be available for overtime and emergency call-outs.
- Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Class A CDL license.
- As a condition of acceptance on this job, candidates who are otherwise qualified will be required to take and pass the appropriate State/Federal driver’s licensing requirements, physical and drug screening.
- Successful completion of Gas Evaluations
- Successful candidate must be able to obtain CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) and must become respirator qualified.
- Candidate must be able to work with the public, and be readily available for shift work and overtime.
- Must reside within 25 miles of the operating center.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Welding, pipefitting, HVAC and/or excavating equipment operation experience preferred.
- Must pass the Construction and Skilled Trades (CAST) test [Note: See “Employment Testing” section on www.ameren.com under the “Careers” section].
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Danville, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A