The Generation Compliance Engineer is responsible for assisting Generation Business Functions in maintaining compliance with certain SERC, NERC, and FERC Standards and Regulations. The Engineer works to demonstrate compliance, establish and execute internal controls, and maintain supporting documentation to mitigate compliance risks and maintain evidence for audits.
- Stay up-to-date with new and revised standards as well as standards newly applicable to Ameren
- Review, comment, and provide ballot recommendations for new and revised standards to Generation and Corporate Compliance Oversight
- Be familiar with Generation processes and procedures to represent Generation during internal and external audits of SERC, NERC, and FERC Standards and Regulations related to FAC-008 and MOD-032
- Work alongside Generation Business Functions to refine procedures and work practices, and mitigate risk using new or existing job tools. Lead periodic, on site walk-downs of components to confirm accuracy of facility rating and modeling data
- Create compliance documentation for new, upgraded, and acquired facilities for FAC-008 and MOD-032. Lead compliance document updates initiated by internal project work as identified via Regulatory Impact Reviews on design changes
- Support development of Root Cause Analysis, investigations, Self-Reports, and Mitigation Plans
- Participate in industry committees, forums, working groups, and/or drafting teams related to operational efficiency and SERC, NERC, and FERC Compliance with FAC-008 and MOD-032
- Act as Subject Matter Expert with the creation and maintenance of internal documentation, procedures, processes, and guidelines to demonstrate compliance mainly with NERC FAC-008 Facility Ratings & MOD-032 Modeling data (static), along with acting in a supporting role of other applicable GO/GOP standards as required.
- Generate, monitor, and report progress on compliance activities, implementation plans, and mitigation plans for SERC, NERC, and FERC Standards and Regulations related to FAC-008 and MOD-032
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an accredited University is required.
- Three or more years of relevant utility experience preferred (e.g. compliance, utility engineering, generation operations, design, etc.).
- Experience with relational engineering tools (VISIO, Acrobat PDF Pro, Excel) and business collaboration/data analysis tools (Sharepoint, eB) strongly preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St Louis, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A