The Senior Technical Architect is responsible for establishing current and long-range direction of Event Streaming technologies aimed at keeping the organization on the forefront of transformational change. This position will focus on Event Streaming architecture activities that support enterprise objectives.
- Standardizes networking, security, best practices, and patterns for clients interfacing with Confluent/Kafka services.
- Develop and lead the adoption of the enterprise Event Streaming architecture roadmaps and adoption decision frameworks considering repeatable patterns and solutions, business value and technical fit, as required to meet the business needs of the organization.
- Standardizes the use of data modelling and serialization formats (Such as Apache Avro) for data governance, discovery and evolution purposes.
- Aids stakeholders in understanding of the event-streaming services, best practices, design patterns, event streaming, and provide guardrails to ensure quality client use of the platform.
- Designs automation around the onboarding of clients to the Confluent/Kafka services in order to minimize client abrasion and provide an enjoyable client experience.
- Utilizes a strong understanding of Confluent Platform, Confluent Cloud, Kafka Internals, AWS, and NoSQL technologies in order to architect and design a multi-environment event-streaming ecosystem that can be used across the enterprise with security, quality, high availability, disaster recovery, performance, observability and service levels in mind
- Utilizes knowledge of Kafka Connect in order to promote data pipelining, replication, and availability.
- Experience with modeling/diagramming tools
- Ten or more years of relevant application/architecture experience with three or more years of architecture experience required
- Experience with DevOps automation and CI/CD
- Strong understanding and use of NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Good understanding of design patterns and object-oriented analysis and design
- Strong understanding and use of observability platforms such as Grafana, Dynatrace, Splunk and Pager Duty
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or business; Master’s degree is preferred
- Ability to influence outcomes across business and IT
- 5+ years of experience with enterprise-wide administration, adoption, and evolution of Confluent/Kafka services
- Practical experience with various development languages such as Java and GoLang
- Program/project management in both waterfall and agile environments preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St Louis, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A