Under indirect and intermittent supervision, to do all levels of drafting work on which the general design has been established, on construction and rehabilitation projects on transmission substations, service buildings and other Company transmission properties; and to do related work as required. In the connection to perform details of work.
- Quality and accuracy in updating and maintaining CAD drawings and to standards of the work he/she checks.
- Assist in department training program as a mentor, trainer or other assigned by supervision.
- For care to prevent errors in field measurements taken by him/her.
- Occasionally, obtain detailed information in the field, usually accompanied by a Supervisor, Civil/Structural Designer II or others.
- Conduct self in efficient and effective manner.
- Prepare schedules, bills of materials, etc.
- Make study drawings or assist with the drawings of equipment arrangements and details, foundation, structures or other civil/structural drawings in the development of a construction project.
- Occasionally, check drawings of other Civil/Structural Designer I or CAD Technicians.
- Responsible for safe, prudent, efficient and effective use of Company resources.
- Maintain and update information in the electronic drawing management system.
- Make simple calculations or use tables or determine clearances, volumes, conduit sizes, etc.
- Two years as a CAD Technician or three years outside the Company in CAD related work.
- Successfully pass the Company’s EEI Technical Aptitude test. If an aptitude test is failed on the employee’s initial effort, it may be retaken after a one-month waiting period, but not to be taken more than once per job posting. Only two retakes will be permitted.
- Satisfactory completion of an Associate’s Degree in in design drafting, computer aided drafting or other drafting technology at an accredited university, college or junior college.
- Graduation from high school or the equivalent.
- Successfully complete the department Civil/Structural Designer I training program and score at least an 80% on the department Civil/Structural Designer I evaluation.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Satisfactory completion of at least 9 credit hours in the field of structural/civil design, civil/ structural engineering or other study of civil/structural technology at an accredited university, college or junior college.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St Louis, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A