The Transmission Construction Engineer is part of a team responsible for overseeing construction of Substation and Transmission Line projects including new facilities, modifications and upgrades, and maintenance of existing facilities.
- Interpret and convey Ameren provided specifications, drawings and instructions to contractor. Ensure contractor compliance with same.
- Support the Engineering & Construction Supervisor with all aspects of Construction management. Provide onsite field management and coordination.
- Identify access needs for construction. Act as liaison between landowners, Ameren and contractors. Identify and coordinate restoration of access routes.
- Assist the Project Manager or Project Engineer with development of the critical path project schedule to ensure realistic and achievable construction activity duration and sequence.
- Provide constructability review of specifications and drawings to assure effective utilization of construction materials, resources and techniques.
- Coordinate material delivery and handoff to contractor. Identify security requirements at jobsite.
- Initiate and evaluate jobsite safety and quality control procedures, address items as necessary. Perform and document safety and quality audits.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university required. F.E. (Fundamentals of Engineering) or P.E. (Professional Engineer) registration preferred.
- Transmission, Distribution or Project Management experience preferred.
- Supervisory or team/contractor leadership experience preferred.
- Good analytical, project management, communications and human relations skills required.
- Ability to lead and/or work effectively as part of a team.
- Must be adaptable, flexible and able to handle multiple, concurrent work assignments.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St Louis, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A