The Gas Engineer – Pipeline Integrity performs integrity project engineering and project management duties in order to comply with AIC Integrity Plans (transmission, distribution), code and compliance activities, records research and management related to the construction, operation, and maintenance of the gas transmission, storage, and distribution facilities with an emphasis on safety, reliability, system integrity, cost effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain processes to ensure accurate and timely tracking of performance measures, integrity data, and reports.
- Analyze assessment results, data, records, and mapping and make recommendations for appropriate additional preventative and mitigative actions (TIMP) and/or additional and accelerated actions (DIMP).
- Develop and enhance gas records systems and processes for data collection.
- Ensure construction, maintenance, and pipeline integrity work is completed according to pipeline safety regulations and Company standards.
- Plan, design, budget, engineer, and oversee gas integrity construction and replacement projects related to assessment results, data analysis, reliability, system integrity, highway and road relocation, system growth and capacity, and essential maintenance for the gas transmission and distribution systems.
- Lead pipeline integrity initiatives that comply with AIC’s integrity plans, implement AIC’s integrity plans, ensure compliance with code requirements, evaluate integrity assessment results, develop and maintain risk algorithm functions.
- Provide technical support, analysis, and project management for ECDA/ICDA/In-line inspection and other assessment processes and integrity repair assessments.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Petroleum, Civil, or Chemical or other related Engineering Degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) certification or P.E. (Professional Engineer) registration preferred.
- Natural gas transmission, natural gas storage or natural gas distribution related engineering experience preferred.
- Pipeline integrity experience preferred. Knowledge of Esri GIS software is preferred.
- Knowledge of pipeline industry regulations (49 CFR Part 192, 49 CFR Part 195) preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Decatur, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A