The Substation Design Engineer is responsible for engineering design, project management and technical support for projects relating to new and existing Transmission Substations.
- Perform cost/benefit analysis.
- Perform detailed design, writing and evaluating material and construction specifications.
- Work with Drafting to direct drawing preparation.
- Work closely with engineering firms contracted to perform Ameren Transmission substation design services
- Responsible for overall project cost and scheduling; coordinate activities related to real estate, purchasing, drafting, construction, operating and related engineering groups associated with projects.
- Develop engineering solutions, cost estimates, schedules and preliminary designs associated with initial development and budgeting of substation projects.
- Provide consulting services to other groups in matters relating to substations and also substation standards development.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university required.
- Power option preferred. Master of Science Degree preferred.
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) certification preferred.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) License or commitment to actively pursue one in Illinois and/or Missouri required.
- Two or more years of experience with substations or related equipment, design, substation operation or maintenance or relay experience required. Five or more years preferred. Project management or large project engineering experience is preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St Louis, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A