The Lead Financial Specialist, Internal Controls is responsible for helping the Company maintain an effective control environment by designing and implementing robust controls and processes, monitoring compliance, and evaluating deficiencies.
- Lead cross-functional teams to design controls for new processes and system implementations that mitigate financial statement risk and meet control objectives. Additionally, identify automation opportunities to reduce risks associated with manual controls.
- Advise and educate business process owners on the importance of controls and their impact on the reliability of the financial statements.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors to maintain an efficient walkthrough and control testing program.
- Work with business process owners and the internal and external audit teams to evaluate control deficiencies and assess the severity, magnitude, root cause, and required remedial actions.
- Prepare and maintain SOX narrative and control documentation, ensuring it is appropriately detailed, accurate, and meets the requirements of the internal and external audit teams.
- Monitor control completion and assess the adequacy of control evidence using the Company’s SOX Compliance application.
- Assess financial statement risks to verify the completeness of existing controls and reduce SEC reporting risk.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university required.
- CPA also required. Master’s Degree preferred. Five or more years of accounting or relevant experience required.
- In-depth internal controls experience required.
- Previous project leadership and ability to balance competing tasks preferred.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to set, measure and consistently achieve goals within established timelines while balancing multiple priorities
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St Louis, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A