The Engineer provides technical leadership for the site through optimization and reliability of systems and equipment, proactive identification and resolution of plant issues, and technical assistance to other departments. Also maintains a thorough knowledge of programs, codes, standards and operating experience and how they relate to the plant.
- Perform engineering evaluations and reviews of applicable NRC and INPO documents and review, use, and share Operating Experience.
- Perform safety evaluation screening, disposition of nonconformance reports, disposition Requests for Resolution (RFRs) to include Engineering
- Evaluations, Minor Modifications, and Material Equivalencies for equipment within assigned system/area/component groups.
- Review technical specifications and instruction manuals to determine testing and maintenance requirements of safety related equipment.
- Work planning and prioritization (including long-range planning and life-cycle management).
- Proactive performance monitoring and trend the performance of assigned programs/area and periodically assess and report the status to plant management in accordance with applicable plant procedures.
- Prioritize / establish action plans to address deficiencies on assigned programs/areas via the corrective action and work management processes.
- Develop engineering products in accordance with defined standards and procedures.
- Act as a technical Program Engineer according to Callaway Energy Center procedures and policies.
- Perform causal analysis of equipment and system/area deficiencies and failures and determine corrective actions to resolve
- Support changes in configuration / design and design basis.
- Interface with other departments for cost effective maintenance strategies on assigned programs/area.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Civil, Metallurgical, Nuclear or Chemical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution is required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred. Engineer-in-Training or Professional Engineer Registration preferred.
- Previous Nuclear Utility experience preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Steedman, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A