The Digital organization is leading Ameren’s Digital transformation strategy to deliver a differentiated customer and co-worker experience, leveraging emerging technologies to enable the grid of the future while driving operational excellence at scale. This includes accelerating IT and technology solutions to enable Ameren’s overall business strategy and create value, resulting in greater safety, security, reliability and productivity across the Enterprise.
- Work closely with overall Digital Strategy, Capital Planning, and Digital Program, Portfolio & Project Management Office to plan and analyze strategic investment costs and value, supporting value tracking/realization
- Assist with quarterly and annual refreshes of the one year and long-term (five year) Digital strategic planning process.
- Assist in designing, developing and communicating metrics in the Digital cascading scorecards (tied to the Digital strategy) that measures success in assigned Digital area’s strategic high-level objectives
- Support the design & development of the Digital strategy for specific Digital teams that ties to business line strategic initiatives and objectives through understanding of key business priorities, changes in technology and best practices in the energy and utility industry and at other leading companies
- Lead the development of presentations to communicate the Digital strategy and execution progress to various stakeholders by translating Digital efforts into meaningful business-outcomes
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Digital and business senior leadership, working directly with Digital leadership to build, execute, measure, adapt and learn the strategy and Digital investments needed to support the business line’s key priorities
- Ability to prioritize, schedule and complete tasks for multiple projects with overlapping schedules.
- Proactive, persistent and dependable. Excellent time management skills. Strong work ethic.
- Outstanding problem solving skills, as well as able to work through others to solve problems both inside and “outside” the box.
- Learning and adapting quickly to new technologies in a challenging environment.
- Self-starter, comfortable working in a busy and dynamic environment with competing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills; able to effectively communicate and build relationships with stakeholders, process teams, leadership, and third parties.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St Louis, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A