The Engineer performs assigned responsibilities in the administration of Ameren’s Dam Safety Program to assure compliance with Federal and State regulations and Ameren’s corporate policies.
- Interact with other Power Operations groups, vendors, contractors, architect/engineering firms, and internal customers to achieve Dam Safety Program objectives.
- Perform engineering studies, design, modeling and project management for the maintenance and renovation of existing Energy Center facilities and/or the construction of new Energy Center facilities. Similar engineering activities may also be performed at other non-Energy Center facilities.
- Coordinate FERC inspections, annual FERC Dam Safety Inspections, annual CCR Inspections, and all state required inspections for Ameren’s dams and hydro facilities.
- Work collaboratively with Energy Center management and staff to ensure dam safety and regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for development of civil engineering solutions, cost and schedule estimates, and preliminary designs associated with initial development and budgeting of dam safety projects.
- Assist in the development and implementation of dam safety training programs for facility staff and verify that the goals and objectives specified in the Ameren Dam Safety Programs have been met.
- Perform risk assessments to prioritize issues identified during inspections.
- Develop inspection procedures and participate in regular on-site inspections of Ameren’s hydroelectric facilities and Coal Combustion Residual (CCR) embankments as described in the Ameren Dam Safety Programs. These inspections will include the facilitation and supervision of consultants.
- Perform structural, geotechnical, and hydrologic reviews of these facilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university required.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) License or active commitment to obtain preferred.
- Relevant experience in in Civil, Geotechnical or Hydro Engineering preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St Louis, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A