The Data Scientist is responsible for contributing, both individually and as part of a team to design and implement processes related to predictive/analytical modeling, causal analysis, data mining and statistical research on large scale complex data sets. This person must interact and collaborate across Ameren Illinois coworker segments to better align Customer Satisfaction strategy throughout all business segments.
- Collaborates with more experienced colleagues to define and develop database design solutions for unstructured data sets
- Supports senior data scientists to conduct exploratory data analysis and the building of key data sets
- Analyzes and models data using statistical and machine learning tools to understand complex business issues and provide insight to decision makers. Integrates data from multiple sources to produce requested or required data elements. Uses advanced methods to identify and interpret trends and patterns in datasets
- Builds capability to identify, pull and prepare requisite unstructured data sets to address straightforward business problems
- Builds or defines machine learning solutions that create value for the business
- Programs and maintains reports, information dashboards, data generators, canned reports and other end-user information portals or resources.
- Supports senior data scientists in meetings with the business to document the data source(s) required to deliver data science solutions
- Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured data, from diverse internal and external sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for decision-makers.
- Basic understanding of how to manage large datasets
- Advanced Degree preferred
- 0+ years of relevant experience
- Will consider candidates without a degree if they show/demonstrate having 2+ years equivalent, relevant experience in tools, systems, and initiatives leveraged by Ameren
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in mathematics, statistics, computer science or business
- Basic understanding of a scripting or statistical programming language such as Python, R, SAS, or other leading statistical tools with a preference for Python or R
- Basic SQL
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Collinsville, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A