Responsible for working on a two or three man crew performing substation maintenance and small construction project activities. Tasks include replacement of Oil Circuit Reclosers, Overhauling Transformer Load Tap changers, Overhauling and maintaining Oil Circuit Breakers, troubleshooting AC and DC control circuits, trouble shooting voltage regulator problems, testing and maintenance of AC battery chargers and DC battery systems, repair/replace failed substation apparatus, and performing small construction projects.
- Position is utilized to respond to emergent substation problems and performs basic transformer testing to insure equipment integrity after fault events.
- The person filling this position will also be required to accept emergent callouts for response to substation problems as well as will be utilized to fill one man truck responsibilities during vacation periods.
- Position may include some travel to assist other areas within the Ameren company on emergent projects.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Class A Commercial Drivers License with combination vehicle endorsement.
- This position is covered by the IBEW bargaining agreement.
- Journey-level experience in constructing and or maintaining substations
- Must meet 25 miles Domicile residency requirements for emergency response call-out.
- Please attach a resume to your on-line
- Must have completed Substation Apprentice curriculum or equivalent and must currently retain a substation journeyman card or equivalent
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Champaign, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A