Ameren Illinois is a regulated electric and gas delivery company. Our service territory spans 43,700 square miles, or about three-quarters of the state. Every day, we deliver electricity to 1.2 million electric and 812,000 natural gas customers in more than 1,200 communities in central and southern Illinois.
- Maintain a positive & mutually beneficial relationship with the Company’s customers, architects, consulting engineers, trade allies, & community/civic leaders. Support the requirements of the Operating Center, assisting other team members as needed. Primary focus should be related to customer satisfaction.
- Engineer and design facilities needed to provide adequate electric and natural gas service to residential, commercial, & industrial customers.
- Initiate and complete jobs using various Company computer and mainframe systems.
- Must successfully complete the Engineering Representative Training Program. The trainee will be required to pass testing after completion of each of the 6 classroom modules.
- Assist in the evaluation of new business projects to determine expected revenue, project costs and customer contributions. Coordinate construction & engineering services as the primary customer contact, effectively meeting customer requests.
- Field incoming and outgoing customer calls and capturing details of customer requested projects.
- This position is covered by the IBEW bargaining agreement
- Successful completion of High School algebra or above with a grade of “C” or above required.
- Preferred Associate’s Degree in GIS, Computer-Aided Drafting or Engineering Technology.
- If selected, applicants will be asked to provide High School and/or College or Junior College transcripts
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Satisfactory completion of courses with a grade C or better in D.C. and A.C. electricity or the equivalent from an accredited university, college or junior college required.
- 1 year experience working with electricity may be considered in lieu of D.C. & A.C. course.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Belleville, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A