This position will report to the Senior Manager, Legal Operations and will supervise the paralegals. This position is responsible for supporting the Senior Manager, Legal Operations in providing high levels of service and support to the department by the supervision of the paralegal team, policy management and project management of departmental initiatives. The Manager will be a co-leader with the Senior Manager.
- Assist with administration of the Company’s legal hold system.
- Support in preparing reports and metrics.
- Research and gather information for the preparation of function-related documents. Obtain and organize legal documents.
- Serve as initial point of contact for routine and moderately complex legal matters.
- Help drive strategic projects for the Legal team and collaborate with cross functional stakeholders.
- Co-lead department operations with Senior Manager, Legal Operations.
- Assist Senior Manager and attorneys with project oversight, including coordinating interaction with cross-functional teams and performing internal liaison functions.
- Work with outside counsel to index, track, and control discovery documents, exhibits, and other materials for use during discovery and trial.
- Act as a resource for coworkers with less experience.
- Assist with providing training on legal risks and industry issues within the Company.
- Provide a high level of expertise in assisting Ameren Legal Department within their function.
- Assist Senior Manager with the development and oversight of department technology roadmap.
- Assist attorneys with the drafting and coordination of documents (such as contracts, data requests, memos, correspondence, and responses to regulatory agencies).
- Assist attorneys with legal hold and eDiscovery obligations.
- Participate in projects in the Ameren Legal Department, taking the lead on ones of a routine nature.
- Manage paralegals; ensure their work meets requirements and is delivered within timeframes set by management.
- Proficiency with LEXIS, Westlaw, Internet, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office applications required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Master’s Degree preferred. Seven or more years of experience as a paralegal, or in an equivalent role, required.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St Louis, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A