Website Merrill Lynch
The EAC C&OR Manager assists in engaging other C&OR officers, including horizontal coverage owners and EAC, to provide comprehensive oversight of FLU/CF activities. This role assists in developing and maintaining a global coverage plan which defines the scope and risk-based focus of the second line’s risk management activities.
- Contributes to or leads development of risk coverage plans, executes and / or oversees execution of monitoring, testing and risk assessments, and communicates results
- Produces and/or oversees the development of independent risk management reporting as input into governance and management routines
- Identifies, aggregates, reports, escalates, inspects and challenges remediation plans, and performs thematic analysis on FLU/CF-owned issues and control enhancements
- Identifies regulatory training needs and provides subject matter expertise to support the development of training curriculum
- Reviews and challenges the FLU/CF process, risk, control (PRC) inventory and FLU/CF Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) related to EAC themes or trends
- Develops and maintains C&OR-owned policies/standards and reviews relevant FLU/CF-owned policies and standards to ensure regulatory and operational risk requirements are appropriately addressed, inclusive of conduct risk as applicable
- Monitors the regulatory environment to identify regulatory changes applicable to area(s) of coverage, advises business leaders on those changes, directs the appropriate areas to implement or amend policies, standards, procedures and/or processes to address regulatory requirements, and challenges the implementation plan as needed; maintains a comprehensive regulatory inventory
- Ensures C&OR “owned” issues and control enhancements are identified and addressed appropriately and timely
- Contributes to participation in industry forums and monitors regulatory expectations, emerging legislation and regulation, political scrutiny, litigation and key influencers (trade associations, PACs, lobbyists, consumer groups, and media) in the EAC subject area to identify and mitigate emerging risks
- Process Owner Portal (POP) and ORCIT
- Facilitation – Demonstrates the knowledge, skills, motivations, and behaviors required to be a successful meeting facilitator, such as: Delivers materials effectively while maintaining audience attention; Uses a variety of methods to effectively facilitate discussions and transfer information to key audiences
- Analytical skills – Able to analyze data and trends at a deeper level, report and escalate when needed, recognize trends in performance and identify systemic skill gaps to curate solutions.
- Prioritization – Identifies key drivers and opportunities; identifies levers that influence trends; then prioritizes focus for greatest and most critical impact.
- Process, Risk and Control, experience in Centralized Process Ownership (legacy Business Enablement) a plus
- Working knowledge of Risk Management Framework, 1st Line of Defense Business Controls and/or 2nd Global Compliance and Operational Risk Functions (monitoring, testing, assessment, etc)
- Communication – Demonstrates ability to develop and deliver concise, professional to various levels of the organization from senior leaders to front line change practitioners
- Working knowledge of Process Owner Accountability and experiences as follows:
- Ownership – Demonstrates personal accountability to drive new initiatives that accelerate adoption, drive skills development and take performance to the next level.
- Change adoption – Seeks best practices and insights, reaches beyond own experience, engages top performers and global resources for input on best practices.
Company: Merrill Lynch
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, Texas, US
Application Deadline: N/A