Website Barnes & Noble, Inc.
As a cafe manager (CM), you enjoy working with people and are passionate about creating memorable experiences for our customers and baristas. This passion translates to running an exceptional Cafe, one which delivers the best customer experience, the perfect handcrafted beverage and food products and inspires a team of talented baristas.
- Interview and hire baristas that will provide an optimal shopping experience for our customers.
- Ensure the achievement of sales goals and deliver operational excellence to maximize efficiency and minimize loss through timely execution of all processes.
- Communicate with your cafe team respectfully and in a timely manner on key issues and messages, creating a culture that demonstrates the values of the company.
- Review financials such as P&L, product mix, category sales, waste and gross margin reports in order to maximize our sales and profitability.
- Develop the cafe team through engagement and coaching; work with team by providing feedback to assess and recommend talent for development in the store.
- Demonstrate how to deliver the cafe customer experience by ensuring consistent, friendly, personal service and thoughtful recommendations, first by the example you set and second by the training on first-class service you deliver to the entire cafe team.
- Ensure compliance to cafe standards as it pertains to safety, customer communications and all store operations.
- Manage product quality, preparation and presentation standards.
- Ensure a vibrant Cafe by delivering on our commitment to presentation and cleanliness.
- Manage cafe inventory levels by following cafe ordering practices.
- Knowledge of food safety, regulations and standards.
- Understand the cafe business and impact of ordering and sales upon results.
- Can empathize with and understand people.
- Experience in managing and developing employees at all levels.
- Passionate about the cafe business and has excellent standards of service.
- Can solve problems through good decision making and knows when to take partnership.
- At least two years of management experience, preferably in retail, food service or hospitality.
- Effective organization, planning and prioritization of workload.
- Deliver honest and constructive feedback.
- Solid cafe, food service or hospitality knowledge.
- Able to delegate and work through others.
- Experience building collaborative and productive working relationships at all levels.
- Ability to communicate effectively and comfortably.
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Humble, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A