Website Barnes & Noble, Inc.
The Logistics Director provides leadership support within the distribution center focusing on logistics operations to ensure all facility results are achieved. You oversee the Logistics team, ensuring compliance standards are met through appropriate risk management, efficiency and delivery costs meet speed to market expectations for both direct and retail customers.
- Partner with Legal to develop effective policy advocacy and dispatch speedy/effective trade defense.
- Ensure compliance with all transportation laws and regulations, monitoring changes in legislation and transport systems, routes, and infrastructure.
- Flex and adapt strategy and actions when external forces impact the supply chain landscape, partnering appropriately to ensure implementation and results.
- Act as a liaison in major bid activity and contract negotiations with all carriers as appropriate, recommending and executing overall carrier negotiation strategy and contract management.
- Develop relationships with all teams to ensure Customs compliance and immediate execution according to a changing regulatory environment.
- Provide guidance and oversight for import, export and global trade compliance matters, working with all stakeholders to support compliance with pertinent laws, regulations and guidelines mandated by government agencies.
- Drive strategic strategy and direction for import, export and trade compliance programs including but not limited to: Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (CTPAT), Importer Self-Assessment (ISA), Free Trade Agreements (FTAs), Inward Processing (IP) among several other programs.
- Oversee the domestic operation through efficiencies which achieve all fiscal and company goals.
- Balance needs of the DCs with the needs of the organization, identifying, analyzing and weighing outcomes for various work centers when making decisions.
- Contribute to growth by partnering and maintaining relationships across the supply chain including Merchandising, Legal, Finance, Logistics and Distribution, and Vendors.
- Develop and implement risk- based customs processes and solutions.
- Customs Brokers License or comparable Certification is a benefit.
- Evidence-based success in the domestic/international logistics/supply chain sector.
- Knowledge of FDA, Agriculture, and other governmental departments’ regulations impacting imports into the USA.
- Solid experience of 5-7+ years in supply chain management, sourcing, or financial management, work experience in distribution operations, operational management, finance, information technology and/or office- base management.
- Familiar with OSHA regulations and safety compliance.
- Strong background in program governance or program delivery of medium to large supply chain capabilities.
- Strong understanding of E2E Supply Chain processes and upstream/downstream impacts.
- Knowledge and experience in import/export practices by countries/regions, including US Foreign Trade Zone management principles, preference qualification for Free Trade Agreements, Supply Chain Security, performing self-assessments and audits, filing prior disclosures, Incoterms, etc.
- Experience in interacting with government authorities, achieving CTPAT, ISA, and FTZ certifications/validations, undergoing Customs audits and implementing and managing
- Sanctioned/Restricted Party Screening processes and systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong analytical and leadership skills.
- International trade experience strongly preferred.
- Solid working knowledge of Transportation Management and Freight Payment Systems.
- Effective negotiating skills to identify cost effective freight rates and potential expenses.
- Experience working with multiple modes of transportation (ocean, air, rail, parcel, and truck).
- Demonstrates understanding of retail business operations, organizations, functions, and business support systems, including quality control/quality assurance, supply chain, logistics, and distribution.
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Monroe, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A