Website Barnes & Noble, Inc.
As an assistant store manager (ASM), you enjoy working with people, are energized by your passion for books and model excellent service every day. As the deputy to the store manager (SM), you focus on the look and consistent presentation of our stores, empowered to make decisions ensuring the shopping experience for our customers is to their satisfaction.
- Ensure a vibrant bookstore through the flawless execution of bookstore basics.
- Embrace the cluster structure and work collaboratively with others for betterment of all locations.
- Ensure the achievement of sales goals and deliver operational excellence to maximize efficiency and minimize loss through timely execution of all processes.
- Assess the store from the customer’s perspective and use insight to seek and influence improvement with the SM.
- Ensure compliance to company standards as it pertains to safety, customer communications and all store operations.
- Work on the selling floor, which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing).
- Ensure consistent, friendly and informed service to customers, first by the example you set and second by the training and delivery of first-class service by the store team.
- Develop the bookselling team through engagement and coaching; work with team by providing feedback to assess and focus on individual strengths and recommend talent for development in the store.
- Communicate with your store team respectfully and with urgency on key issues and messages, creating a culture that demonstrates the values of the company.
- Model handselling skills to drive successful campaigns such as Our Monthly Picks, preorders, etc., to establish book prowess and drive sales.
- Open and close the building, ensuring the safety of our employees and customers.
- Deliver honest and constructive feedback.
- Experience in managing and developing employees at all levels.
- Drive results through thoughtful development.
- Provide feedback, coaching and development.
- Commit to and develop booksellers.
- Effective organization, planning and prioritization of workload.
- Solid bookselling knowledge across various genres and strong understanding of the book industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively and comfortably.
- Execute bookstore basics flawlessly.
- Enthusiasm for books that is reflected in the excellent standards of service for the local community.
- Able to delegate and work through others.
- Experience building collaborative and productive working relationships at all levels.
- Prioritize customer experience above all else.
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tigard, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A