Website Barnes & Noble, Inc.
To be a great bookseller, you provide excellent customer service which is friendly, genuine and professional, and you always put the customers first ahead of everything and anything else. You make the shopping experience engaging and interactive by enthusiastically sharing your knowledge whether face to face or over the phone, helping a customer choose a new book, or a special gift.
- Identify key titles and communicate with your store team on opportunities to tailor the merchandise selection to reflect the community.
- Model expected behaviors to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Help with events and community outreach.
- Ensure a vibrant bookstore through the flawless execution of bookstore basics, showing a commitment to presentation, commerciality, section detail, localization and sense of theater.
- Keep the store neat and tidy, creating displays and ensuring the bookstore is always shoppable and inviting.
- Create a welcoming environment for customers where you engage with them and share your love and knowledge of books and make relevant recommendations.
- Protect company assets by adhering to all processes in controlling shrink, expense and payroll.
- Leverage key campaigns such as Our Monthly Picks, preorders, etc., to hand sell and engage in conversation with every customer.
- Work on the selling floor, which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing), and Café when needed.
- Educate yourself continuously on books and the industry, supporting the store with this knowledge to give customers a great experience when they visit and shop.
- Recognize and offer to help both customers and employees with urgency and care.
- Exhibit and demonstrate initiative.
- Support company goals and initiatives and is a team player.
- Energized by working in an ever-changing environment.
- Enjoy working with people.
- Positive and can-do attitude.
- Enjoy making recommendations and engaging with others.
- Accept responsibility and execute all assignments correctly and with care.
- Listen to people and enjoy solving problems.
- Passionate reader and knowledgeable about books.
- Treat customers as the first priority at all times.
- Accept coaching and feedback from others openly.
- Show respect and kindness to fellow booksellers and customers.
- Can clearly and respectfully communicate and express oneself.
- Grow knowledge of books, the industry and the market.
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Rogers, AR, US
Application Deadline: N/A