Website Barnes & Noble, Inc.
As a barista, you provide first class service to our customers with every drink you create and every cookie you bake, ensuring their experience is your top priority. You make the customer experience pleasurable and provide the perfect complement to any book.
- Recognize and offer to help both customers and employees with urgency and care.
- Execute all operational standards correctly, in a timely manner and in accordance with the cafe standards, s afety and health codes.
- Deliver the perfect beverage that exceeds customer expectations with your ability to engage, build rapport, listen, and provide friendly, fast service as you go through a tailored order creating approach.
- Take pride in the Cafe and place a priority on ensuring a clean and tidy environment knowing that cleanliness encompasses all aspects of the customer experience.
- Protect company assets by adhering to all processes and working efficiently to control waste and shrink.
- Ensure that the Cafe is welcoming to all customers by having a stocked bake case and neatly displayed merchandise.
- Make relevant beverage and food recommendations ensuring an engaging experience with the customers that connects them with the right products to meet their needs.
- Work in the Cafe which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing, operating espresso machines), and sales floor when needed.
- Accept responsibility and execute all assignments correctly and with care.
- Treat customers as the first priority at all times.
- Passionate about the products we serve.
- Show respect and kindness to fellow employees and customers.
- Take initiative and consistently grow and expands cafe knowledge.
- Exhibit and demonstrate initiative.
- Can clearly and respectfully communicate and express oneself.
- Enjoy working with people.
- Listen to people and enjoy solving problems.
- Support company goals and initiatives and is a team player.
- Enjoy making recommendations and engaging with others.
- Make correct recommendations for handcrafted beverages and food items that satisfy the customer.
- Accept coaching and feedback from others openly.
- Positive and can-do attitude.
- Well-organized, efficient, and able to multi-task.
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Wausau, WI, US
Application Deadline: N/A