Website Barnes & Noble, Inc.
To be a great bookseller, you provide excellent customer service which is friendly, genuine and professional, and you always put the customers first ahead of everything and anything else. You make the shopping experience engaging and interactive by enthusiastically sharing your knowledge whether face to face or over the phone, helping a customer choose a new book, or a special gift.
- Protect company assets by adhering to all processes in controlling shrink, expense and payroll.
- Help with events and community outreach.
- Educate yourself continuously on books and the industry, supporting the store with this knowledge to give customers a great experience when they visit and shop.
- Ensure a vibrant bookstore through the flawless execution of bookstore basics, showing a commitment to presentation, commerciality, section detail, localization and sense of theater.
- Keep the store neat and tidy, creating displays and ensuring the bookstore is always shoppable and inviting.
- Model expected behaviors to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Create a welcoming environment for customers where you engage with them and share your love and knowledge of books and make relevant recommendations.
- Identify key titles and communicate with your store team on opportunities to tailor the merchandise selection to reflect the community.
- Leverage key campaigns such as Our Monthly Picks, preorders, etc., to hand sell and engage in conversation with every customer.
- Recognize and offer to help both customers and employees with urgency and care.
- Listen to people and enjoy solving problems.
- Can clearly and respectfully communicate and express oneself.
- Treat customers as the first priority at all times.
- Enjoy making recommendations and engaging with others.
- Passionate reader and knowledgeable about books.
- Support company goals and initiatives and is a team player.
- Positive and can-do attitude.
- Accept responsibility and execute all assignments correctly and with care.
- Energized by working in an ever-changing environment.
- Grow knowledge of books, the industry and the market.
- Enjoy working with people.
- Exhibit and demonstrate initiative.
- Accept coaching and feedback from others openly.
- Show respect and kindness to fellow booksellers and customers.
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Chandler, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A