Website Barnes & Noble, Inc.
As a barista, you provide first class service to our customers with every drink you create and every cookie you bake, ensuring their experience is your top priority. You make the customer experience pleasurable and provide the perfect complement to any book.
- Work in the Cafe which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing, operating espresso machines), and sales floor when needed.
- Recognize and offer to help both customers and employees with urgency and care.
- Deliver the perfect beverage that exceeds customer expectations with your ability to engage, build rapport, listen, and provide friendly, fast service as you go through a tailored order creating approach.
- Execute all operational standards correctly, in a timely manner and in accordance with the cafe standards, safety and health codes.
- Ensure that the Cafe is welcoming to all customers by having a stocked bake case and neatly displayed merchandise.
- Take pride in the Cafe and place a priority on ensuring a clean and tidy environment knowing that cleanliness encompasses all aspects of the customer experience.
- Make relevant beverage and food recommendations ensuring an engaging experience with the customers that connects them with the right products to meet their needs.
- Protect company assets by adhering to all processes and working efficiently to control waste and shrink.
- Passionate about the products we serve.
- Treat customers as the first priority at all times.
- Can clearly and respectfully communicate and express oneself.
- Make correct recommendations for handcrafted beverages and food items that satisfy the customer.
- Listen to people and enjoy solving problems.
- Take initiative and consistently grow and expands cafe knowledge.
- Show respect and kindness to fellow employees and customers.
- Enjoy working with people.
- Positive and can-do attitude.
- Accept responsibility and execute all assignments correctly and with care.
- Flexible and can adapt to an ever-changing environment.
- Enjoy making recommendations and engaging with others.
- Accept coaching and feedback from others openly.
- Support company goals and initiatives and is a team player.
- Exhibit and demonstrate initiative.
- Well-organized, efficient, and able to multi-task.
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Fairfield, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A