Website Barnes & Noble, Inc.
As a barista, you provide first class service to our customers with every drink you create and every cookie you bake, ensuring their experience is your top priority. You make the customer experience pleasurable and provide the perfect complement to any book.
- Ensure that the Cafe is welcoming to all customers by having a stocked bake case and neatly displayed merchandise.
- Deliver the perfect beverage that exceeds customer expectations with your ability to engage, build rapport, listen, and provide friendly, fast service as you go through a tailored order creating approach.
- Execute all operational standards correctly, in a timely manner and in accordance with the cafe standards, safety and health codes.
- Recognize and offer to help both customers and employees with urgency and care.
- Work in the Cafe which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing, operating espresso machines), and sales floor when needed.
- Take pride in the Cafe and place a priority on ensuring a clean and tidy environment knowing that cleanliness encompasses all aspects of the customer experience.
- Make relevant beverage and food recommendations ensuring an engaging experience with the customers that connects them with the right products to meet their needs.
- Protect company assets by adhering to all processes and working efficiently to control waste and shrink.
- Listen to people and enjoy solving problems.
- Enjoy making recommendations and engaging with others.
- Make correct recommendations for handcrafted beverages and food items that satisfy the customer.
- Show respect and kindness to fellow employees and customers.
- Exhibit and demonstrate initiative.
- Enjoy working with people.
- Support company goals and initiatives and is a team player.
- Accept coaching and feedback from others openly.
- Take initiative and consistently grow and expands cafe knowledge.
- Passionate about the products we serve.
- Treat customers as the first priority at all times.
- Positive and can-do attitude.
- Well-organized, efficient, and able to multi-task.
- Can clearly and respectfully communicate and express oneself.
- Accept responsibility and execute all assignments correctly and with care.
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Sioux City, IA, US
Application Deadline: N/A