Website Bell Equipment
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of the company. It is the company’s intention to promote equity (race, gender & disability) through the filling of this post with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan.
- Take ownership and responsibility for the detailed software development which may include the following:
- Desktop applications supporting the embedded control system of the Bell Machines.
- Assist cross functional teams with software development assistance.
- Embedded software applications running on our in-vehicle chassis controller using C for a 32-bit processor
- Be responsible to keep record of own daily time utilisation.
- Perform necessary software engineering changes to improve our current product range.
- Machine software applications running on our in-vehicle display controller using Linux or WinCE.
- Software programming of embedded systems is a requirement.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Software programming of Linux systems will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Bell product range will be an added advantage.
- Previous work experience at Bell Equipment will be an added advantage.
- Good communication skills & ability to interact with other engineering teams.
- Working knowledge of Tasking, Visual Studio, C++Builder or Qt.
- Good understanding of software source control systems.
- Applicants MUST have at least 2 years experience in developing C / C++ software applications.
- 4 Year University Degree in Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering.
Company: Bell Equipment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Richards Bay, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A