Website Best Buy
Decision Science is the multi-disciplined practice of extracting value from dataproblem-solving using curiosity, scientific methods, processes, and outputs of algorithms, platforms, and systems to extract knowledge and insights from structured and unstructured data.
- Proactively answer questions about the data used, limitations of the data, and recommendations for future studies using a story telling approach.
- Lead scoping sessions with business clients. Frame and structure the engagement goals and the recommended analysis approach.
- In the immediate short term, the priorities are Supply Chain initiatives – Fulfillment Optimization and Returns Mitigation.
- Build PowerPoint slides, Excel spreadsheets, and Word documents. Tableau and/or Power BI dashboards or similar visualizations to demonstrate the outcome of the analysis.
- Write code using one or more of the following languages: SAS, SQL, Python, and/or R as applicable to the engagement and/or build basic Tableau and/or Power BI workspaces suited for the analytical exploration of datasets.
- Perform analytics using scientific methods that rely upon statistics, and hypothesis testing.
- 3+ years of experience in retail, analytics, business, or related area
- Expertise/certification in business/financial analysis.
- 2+ years of experience in Teradata or similar database,
- Masters Degree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Physical Sciences, Computer Sciences, or similar field with quantitative rigor.
- 2+ years of experience applying analytical techniques for business or scientific problems
- Experience with Retail Industry
- 2+ years of experience in SQL or Python or R
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or similar with cloud data analytics/engineering
- 2+ years of experience Power BI, Tableau, or other data visualization tool
Company: Best Buy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Richfield, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A