As part of EMEA Transaction Management, this role involves ensuring timely and accurate confirmation of our trades in the market. Liaising with external brokers and custodians as well as internal teams, in accordance with market deadlines and internal procedures & working to pre-empt potential issues, wherever possible, working to reduce market claims and protect BLK and our clients against financial & reputational risk.
- Building the existing ‘One Team’ ethos within the firm by working closely with colleagues in other regions.
- Ensure internal systems are updated to record status of any ongoing investigations.
- Investigating & the resolving Interest claims & stock / cash reconciliation breaks.
- Take an active part in the various integration activities that the group is involved with.
- Produce & distribute departmental MIS.
- Actively review business processes to ensure that efficiencies are improved whilst maintaining a rigorous level of control.
- Ad hoc queries and project work.
- Work with the Portfolio Management Group to understand what operational requirements they have and ensure that these are reflected in the appropriate systems.
- Good knowledge of SWIFT message formats.
- Good knowledge of the International Settlement/Confirmation of FX and other cash products and current market practice.
- Good knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Good organisational/time management skills.
- Experience of working to tight deadline’s in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience of working in a confirmation &/or settlements function in a Investment Management, Custodian, Investment Bank or similar environment preferable.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A