We are looking for data engineers who like to innovate and seek complex problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, drive, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual. Engineers looking to work in the areas of orchestration, data modeling, data pipelines, APIs, storage, distribution, distributed computation, consumption and infrastructure are ideal candidates.
- Deployment and maintenance require close interaction with various teams. This requires maintaining a positive and collaborative working relationship with teams within AlphaGen – Investor Data as well as with wider Aladdin developer community. Production support for applications is usually required for issues that cannot be resolved by operations team. Creative and inventive problem-solving skills for reduced turnaround times are highly valued.
- Preparing user documentation to maintain both development and operations continuity is integral to the role. Adhering to BlackRock’s design standards is expected and contributing towards upkeep of those standards is encouraged.
- Data Engineers are expected to be involved from inception of projects, understand requirements, architect, develop, deploy, and maintain data platform and/or data pipelines.
- Which involves partnering with program and product managers to expand product offering based on business demands. Design is an iterative process, whether for services or infrastructure. Our goal is to drive up user engagement and adoption of the platform while constantly working towards improving platform performance and scalability.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Passion for learning and implementing new technologies
- At least 3+ years’ experience in data analytics environments – preferably in a role with exposure to large data sets
- Experience / Familiarity with Database Modeling, data management eco system.
- Ability to operate under fast-paced environment
- Experience in Python, SQL, Cloud technologies
- Experience with dev ops tools like Git, Maven, Azure DevOps
- Good understanding of UNIX/LINUX environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A