The Sales Support Associate/VP is responsible for partnering with our Senior Relationship Managers to effectively execute a business plan to deliver our BlackRock solutions to Institutional Investors. The Associate will maintain a high level of client connectivity and represent the most comprehensive investment platform offering in the industry.
- Interface with portfolio managers, investment product specialists, compliance officers, consultant relations staff, operations and portfolio administration personnel, to organize client meetings and coordinate presentation material content.
- Assist the development of complex solutions to address our clients’ idiosyncratic needs and objectives
- Use BlackRock’s proprietary systems to gather security, capital market and economic data to create a range of presentation materials including portfolio review books, board presentations and marketing materials.
- Cultivate strong relationships with clients becoming the “go-to” person
- Develop asset class fluency across BlackRock’s product range – including fixed income, equity, hedge funds, real assets, private equity and private credit.
- Manage projects around the development of our solutions business, including marketing and prospecting efforts, thought leadership and events.
- Participate as a key member of dedicated client teams serving US Pension Clients in the Central and Western Regions
- Gather critical data to quickly respond orally and in writing to client information requests.
- Exhibit high-level market knowledge and ability to converse with institutional investors and current economic and market conditions
- Support Relationship Managers with all on-going sales, service and communication with clients and prospects.
- Highly effective in forging working relationships with team members and business counterparts.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- A commitment to BlackRock’s fiduciary culture; able to approach client interactions in a consultative manner.
- BA/BS degree in related field (Economics, Finance or Accounting).
- The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/traits:
- Passionate about inclusion and embraces of diversity of thought; seeks out diverse viewpoints to solve complex problems
- Progress towards a CFA designation is strongly desired.
- Commitment to client service, high responsiveness.
- 5+ years’ experience with institutional investors.
- Proven intellectual ability and interpersonal skills. Able to establish credibility with and influence the institutional investor community.
- Analytical interest and acumen – passion for portfolio building and market fluency.
- Self-managed, highly driven by relationship management and revenue generation.
- Knowledge of investment trends and capabilities across traditional and alternative investment products
- Has, or is willing to obtain, the series 7, 63, and 3 licenses.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A